We had a fantastic close to the open-mic portion of Nashville Rising Star! We had a great turnout once again. This is the first series that we had more songwriters than slots! We averaged more than 35 songwriters for each of the 7 prelims! Thanks to the songwriting community for coming out and participating in this event! Without them, there would be no Nashville Rising Star! They are all winners!
Here’s a recap of Preliminary Round 7:
1- Taylor Gayle
2- Tammy Sue Taylor
3- Lillian Glanton
4- Ty Stokes
5- Luke Lochriccio
6- Teresa McCann
7- Blake Anderson
8- Salina Solomon
9- Natalia Vercesi
10- Yanna Meade
11- Landen Knowlton
12- John Bernius
13- Alexis Sobleski
14- John Robert Benson
15- Derek Austin
16- Matt Price
17- Dave Mardis
18- Pat Pollitrone/ Adam Scott
19- Shan Scott
20- Geena Fontanella
21- Judy Paster
John Bernius (Audience)
Geena Fontanella (Judges)
John and Geena will come back and join 12 other writers for the semi-final round to be held Wednesday, February 24, 2016 at Wild Wing Cafe. The finals will be held Wednesday, March 3, 2016 at Wild Wing Cafe.
Mark Jones- Mark Jones’ career in the entertainment industry has taking him from musician, artist, and songwriter to agent, talent buyer, and manager.
– Mark graduated from the renowned Berklee College of Music
– He was an artist on EPIC and later Capitol records with the MTV award winning group NEW MAN.
– Mark also was a member of the iconic country pop group EXILE (ARISTA)
– Mark was the Director of Entertainment at Nashville’s premier country venue the Wildhorse Saloon.
– Mark was the tour manager for country artist Chely Wright and soon after was invited to manage her at Spalding Entertainment.
– Over the next 14 years Jones went on to be the day to day manager for Wright, Sara Evans, Pat Green, Ashley Monroe, Terri Clark, SheDaisy and Aaron Lines.
– Jones also worked in Entertainment Business Management for a number of Grammy, CMA, and ACM award winning artists and songwriters.
Ricky B Rogers- Bassist, Guitarist, Producer & writer; RickyB has worked in the music industry for the last 25+ years and has written and recorded numerous major projects.
Holding positions with various major record labels in the capacity of A&R and Marketing director, Ricky also was the co-winner of songwriter of the year in 1997.
Rogers has extensively toured since a teenager, Currently touring as rotating Bass player for Kid Rock, 2016 tours with Alanis Morrisette, Paul Allan of microsoft fame, and releasing a solo Pop/Jazz project on a division of Sony Records end of 2016)
Lynn Nichols: Lynn is a songwriter, producer, and musician from New York who now resides in Franklin. Nichols was a member of the Phil Keaggy Band
Lynn produced three landmark records for Keaggy, Sunday’s Child, Find Me In These Fields and Crimson and Blue.
Nichols has also worked on other albums by Phil Keaggy, Mutemath, Mat Kearney, Sam Philips, Luna Halo, The Elms, Rebecca St. James, Stacey Orrico, Zoegirl, Newsboys, TobyMac, Switchfoot, Phil and John, Amy Grant, Russ Taff, Mandisa, and many others.
Phil recently worked with “The Band Perry” on their “Pioneer, Deluxe Edition” album as Producer, Writer, electric and acoustic guitars. Phil most recently produced an album for the “Pawn Shop Kings” who are signed with Provident/Sony.